I am a professor at the Department of Computer Science of Linnaeus University, Växjö campus, where I lead the AdaptWise research group. My main research interest is in software engineering of self-adaptive systems. Self-adaptation endows a system with the capability to adapt itself autonomously to deal with uncertain operating conditions, such as dynamic availability of resources, faults that are difficult to predict, and changing user needs. Together with my PhD students, we study formalisms and design models to realize and assure self-adaptation for different quality goals. We are particularly interested in how we can exploit the design models at runtime to provide evidence for the required adaptation goals and handle changing requirements. Our primary interest is in decentralized systems, where adaptation needs to be realized by multiple feedback loops. We empirically validate our research results in the domains of smart homes and multi-robot systems. Before joining Linnaeus, I was affiliated with DistriNet Labs at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. I received a Ph.D from for the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven for work on multiagent systems and software archtitecture. After my Ph.D I worked as a postdoc fellow, funded by the Research Foundation Flanders.
- To be published in LNCS volume 9068: Agent Environments for Multi-Agent Systems - A Research Roadmap (PDF).
- Paper accepted for Control Theory for Software Engineering (CTSE 2015): SimCA vs ActivFORMS: Comparing Control- and Architecture-Based Adaptation on the TAS Exemplar (PDF).
- Paper accepted for Sustainable Architecture: Global collaboration, Requirements, Analysis (SAGRA 2015): Design for Sustainability = Runtime Adaptation U Evolution (PDF).
- Paper accepted for Software Engineering of Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (SEAMS 2015): Tele Assistance: A Self-Adaptive Service-Based System Examplar (PDF), (preliminary artifact website).
- Full research paper accepted for Working International Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA 2015): An Architecture Framework for Collective Intelligence Systems (draft - PDF).
- Paper accepted for publication in ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems: MAPE-K Formal Templates to Rigorously Design Behaviors for Self-Adaptive Systems (PDF paper, appendix).
- I serve as program chair for ECSA 2015 together with Raffaela Mirandola.
- I serve as chair for the Vision papers of SPLC 2015 together with David Sharp.
- Together with Tomas Bures, Mark Klein, and Rodolfo E. Haber I organized a workshop on Smart Cyber-Physical Systems at ICSE 2015 in Florence.
- Paper accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies: A Self-Adaptive Multi-Agent System Approach for Collaborative Mobile Learning (PDF).
- Working Group Report - Dagstuhl Seminar 14512 - Verification of Complex Adaptive Systems (PDF).
- Working Group Report - Dagstuhl Seminar 13511 - Perpetual Assurances in Self-Adaptive Systems (PDF).
- BoConnect research project funded by the Kamprad Family Foundation (3 MSek). The project goal is to develop reliable assistive technologies to empower elderly people to live independently longer.
- PC SEAMS 2015.
- Push The Line! project funded by VINNOVA in the call on Challenge-driven Innovation, in collaboration with Göran Petersson of the eHealth Institute. Project partners are Växjö Kommun, Mönsterås Kommun, Landstinget Kronoberg, Sigma IT, Wexnet, and Växjöhem (for a short description see here).
- Link to the ActivFORMS website.
- Associated editor of Journal on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems JAAMAS.
- Research project Assurances for Decentralized Self-Adaptive Systems funded by Swedish Research Council (VR) (for a short description see here).
- Paper published in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE): Variability in Software Systems - A Systematic Literature Review (PDF).
- Paper published in ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM): Architecture-Centric Support for Adaptive Service Collaborations (PDF).
- Special Issue on State-of-the-Art in Engineering Self-Adaptive Systems in the Journal of Systems and Software - JSS.
Last update: October 30, 2014 - feedback